About the Infant and Young Child Feeding Working Group (Ministry of Health)
The WG meets on a monthly basis at the National Mother & Child Health Centre in Phnom Penh. The main aims of the group include: - Provide technical advice, based on scientific best practice, aimed at supporting, promoting, protecting optimum breast feeding & complementary feeding practices.
- Ensure coordinated approach to planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation of strategies & activities.
- Initiate & support opportunities for working with other ministries & organisations to integrate IYCF strategies into existing services & incorporation into new programmes.
- To use government Public Investment Plan (PIP) funding as first priority while also developing funding proposals to continue & expand programmes.
- Facilitate dissemination of information on workplans, policies, codes & guidelines to relevant MoH departments (including Provincial and Operational District departments), other Ministries, organisations & working groups.
- Ensure effective & equitable use of resources & prioritisation of breast feeding & other IYCF activities, according to people's needs, community empowerment, affordability & sustainability.
Madam Svay Sary, IYCF Coordinator
National Nutrition Programme, National Mother & Child Health Centre, French Street, Phnom Penh.