The 3rd National AIDS ConferenceNews detail:
The Steering committee has since formed two working subcommittees, the Scientifi c Committee
which is responsible for the conference content, including keynote speakers, presenters and
identifying/ inviting guests of honor etc. and the Logistics/ Administration Committee, which is
responsible for the logistical and financial aspects of the conference planning stages and delivery.
The Steering committee is proud to announce Cambodia’s 3rd National AIDS Conference.
The conference will be presided over by Samdech Akke Moha Sena Padie Techo Hun Sen on 10-12 September 2008, at Chaktomuk Theatre and the Cambodiana Hotel.The conference aims to demonstrate Cambodia’s commitment to HIV and AIDS prevention, care and treatment by reviewing the progress of the response and how the response can be
improved in for the future.
- To improve and strengthen the multisectoral response to HIV/AIDS in the Kingdom of
- To review the progress of the HIV and AIDS responses and the integration into the
wider development sector, and to highlight ways in which the development sector can play a greater role in the response to HIV and AIDS
- To demonstrate a commitment to integrated approaches in the context of an HIV and AIDS response in Cambodia, by collaborating as stakeholders and decision makers, to design and deliver a national stakeholders conference.
- To update the current HIV/AIDS situation within Cambodia
- To present a multisectoral ‘picture’ to respond to HIV/AIDS
- To update HIV/AIDS response methods
- To update participants on the strategic response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic
- To advocate for more political support
- To launch different response methods to HIV/AIDS
- To share lessons-learned and best practices
- To have a clear vision for future responses
The National AIDS Authority (NAA)Contributor name:
Hor Bun Leng MD.MscContributor e-mail: